Hello everyone. Here is a guide on the best talents you can pick to make your character more powerful.
You will unlock the talents when you complete the quest called “Jackdaw’s Rest”. You’ll get one talent point at level 5 and one additional talent point for each level past 5. Since the level cap is 40, you can get a total of 36 talents. There are 48 different talents you can choose from, and with no way to respec your character, you need to be careful when choosing your talents.
I’ll go over each of the talent trees and highlight some of the best talents you can choose from each of them and why.
This tree will improve the overall effectiveness of your spells by adding additional effects to them. Here are some of the best talents you can pick from this tree.
- Transformation Mastery – This is hands down one of the best talents in the game. You’ll want to pick it as soon as you learn the Transformation Spell. Essentially, it will turn an enemy into an explosive barrel which can be thrown to other enemies via the Ancient Magic Throw. With this, you can eliminate two opponents as soon as the fight starts, which is immensely powerful. Be mindful that the spell won’t work on enemies with Red and Purple shields, so either cast it on other targets or break the shield before using the spell. Unlocks at level 22.
- Confringo Mastery – If you like hitting enemies from distance, this talent is highly recommended. It will allow your Confringo Spell to hit multiple targets, which is quite powerful, especially when facing enemies that are vulnerable to fire (like Inferi). Unlike Incendio, Confringo can be used from a distance, which makes it much safer to use. Unlocks at level 5.
- Bombarda Mastery – With this talent, the explosion radius of your Bombarda Spell will be significantly increased, which makes it very powerful against groups of enemies. Unlocks at level 16.
- Diffindo Mastery – Having this talent will allow your Diffindo Spell to hit multiple enemies if they are positioned behind your target. This can be very useful when fighting multiple targets that are closely stacked together. Unlocks at level 5.
- Levioso Mastery – This talent will allow you to levitate enemies close to your target, which will help you in fights against multiple opponents. It synergizes incredibly well with Accio Mastery. Unlocks at level 5.
- Accio Mastery – This talent will allow you to simultaneously pull multiple enemies close to you, which will help you create a good opening for powerful Area of Effect spells such as Incendio (if talented) and Bombarda. Unlocks at level 5.
Dark Arts Tree
This tree will improve the Unforgivable Curses, the curse effect on enemies, and will allow some of your spells to leave the curse effect on their targets. If you don’t mind delving into the Dark Arts, here are some of the best talents you can learn from this tree.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery – This is the most powerful talent in the game. It will cause your Avada Kedavra to hit all of the enemies that are cursed, which is immensely powerful. Since there are multiple ways to curse your opponents, this talent is by far the best one in the game, especially on higher difficulties. Unlocks at level 22.
- Crucio Mastery – This talent synergizes incredibly well with Avada Kedavra Mastery. It causes the cursed effect to spread whenever you hit the target cursed by Crucio. This way, you can curse a high-health target, hit it with Basic Cast a few times to spread the curse effect, and then use Avada Kedavra to eliminate all of the opponents. Unlocks at level 16.
- Imperio Mastery – This talent will cause the target you’ve cursed with Imperio to curse the enemies with each successful strike. This also synergizes quite well with Avada Kedavra Mastery. Unlocks at level 16.
- Disarming Curse – With this talent, your Expelliarmus Spell will curse the targeted enemy. Since Expelliarmus can be used against all enemies, and its cooldown is fairly short, this is a reliable way to curse enemies and do a decent amount of damage to them. Furthermore, if you have Ancient Magic Throw Expertise talent from the Core Tree, and the Unforgivable traits enchanted on your gear, you can use Expelliarmus on an enemy that wields a weapon, and then use Ancient Magic Throw to throw the weapon at your target. Since the target will be cursed by Expelliarmus, the Ancient Magic Throw’s damage will be significantly increased (if you have the Unforgivable traits enchanted on your gear). Unlocks at level 5.
- Curse Sapper – This talent will restore some of your health whenever you defeat a cursed enemy. This can be quite useful, especially on higher difficulties. Unlocks at level 16.
- Blood Curse – With this talent, whenever you deal damage to an enemy that is cursed, all other cursed enemies will take a small portion of that damage as well. This synergizes well with Crucio and Imperio mastery and is a nice way for you to deal some additional damage. Unlocks at level 5.
These talents will improve your core abilities and Ancient Magic. Many of these talents are the essential part of any build, and here are some of them that are the most useful.
- Spell Knowledge I, II, and III – Each of these talents will add an additional spell set, which will ultimately allow you to equip up to 16 spells (4 spells in 4 sets). This will let you use many different spells, which should help you deal with nearly any situation. Unlocks at levels 5 (I and II) and 16 (III).
- Basic Cast Mastery – With this talent, your Basic Cast impacts will reduce the cooldowns of all your spells. Given that you’ll be using Basic Cast quite a lot in the game, this talent is a must-have. Unlocks at level 5.
- Wiggenweld Potency I and II – By taking these two talents, your Wiggenweld potions will restore all of your health. This is immensely helpful, especially on higher difficulties. Unlocks at levels 5 (I) and 16 (II).
- Swift – This talent will allow you to hold the dodge button to vanish quickly and reappear nearby. This is quite useful when dealing with groups of enemies since it will help you make some distance from enemies and avoid getting surrounded.
- Evasion Absorption – With this talent, each successful dodge against unblockable enemy attacks will contribute to your Ancient Magic meter. Given that you’ll be dodging a lot, this talent is passively going to help you fill up your Ancient Magic meter faster. Unlocks at level 5.
- Revelio Mastery – In Hogwarts Legacy, you will be using Revelio a LOT. This talent will increase the spell range, which will help you discover things faster and easier. Needless to say, it is a must-have talent. Unlocks at level 5.
- Stupefy Mastery – This talent will increase the duration of Stupefy stun. Since you’ll be using Protego+Stupefy combo quite a lot, picking this talent is highly recommended. Unlocks at level 16.
- Stupefy Expertise – This talent will allow your Stupefy to deal direct damage to its target. Given how much you’ll be using Stupefy, picking this talent is definitely a good option. Unlocks at level 22.
Stealth tree will provide you with talents that will improve your stealth efficiency. If you are someone who enjoys sneaking around, then this tree is for you. Here are the best talents in this tree.
- Human Demiguise – This talent will allow you to sprint while using the Disillusionment Spell, which is quite essential for stealth playstyle. Unlocks at level 5.
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – This talent will cause your Petrificus Totalus to affect multiple enemies, as long as they are close to your target. Unlocks at level 22.
- Sense of Secrecy I and II – With these talents, enemies will have a harder time detecting you. These talents will make it much easier for you to sneak around, and if you are planning to play a stealth character, you should definitely pick them. Unlocks at levels 5 (I) and 16 (II).
Room of Requirement Tree
Talents in this tree will improve your potions and combat plants. Despite having some amazing talents, this tree is often overlooked by players. Here are some of the talents in this tree that are incredibly powerful.
- Maxima Potion Potency – This talent causes your Maxima Potion to further increase your damage and allow your attacks to break enemy shields. This talent is simply incredible. It will increase the damage of all your spells and attacks, including the Ancient Magic. On top of that, all your damage spells and Basic Casts will break enemy shields, regardless of their color. This is simply amazing, especially when combined with Focus and Edurus potions. Unlocks at level 16.
- Edurus Potion Potency – With this talent, drinking an Edurus potion will make your character completely immune to all damage during the potion’s effect. This will allow you to cast spells at the enemies without having to worry about their attacks, which is immensely powerful. Unlocks at level 5.
- Focus Potion Potency – With this talent, the duration of your Focus potions will be extended each time you cast a spell. This will allow you to cast many spells in quick succession and keep extending the duration of the potion. Works incredibly well when combined with Maxima and Edurus potions. Unlocks at level 22.
- Fertiliser – With this talent, each use of Chinese Chomping Cabbage will create two plants, which will essentially double their damage. This works amazingly well if you have Herbology traits enchanted on your gear. Unlocks at level 5.
- Noxious – This talent will increase the damage of your Venomous Tentaculas and cause their attacks to break enemy shields. This synergizes quite well with Herbology traits on your gear. Unlocks at level 22.
These were the talents I consider to be the best. Bear in mind that other talents can also be quite useful, depending on your playstyle, but these are the ones I highly recommend.
Thank you for reading and see you soon with more guides for Hogwarts Legacy.